Pages discussing abstract concepts about Jews and Judaism
Go to Site Map
- What Is Judaism?
- Is Judaism a religion, a race, an ethnic/cultural group, or something more?
- What Do Jews Believe?
- The basic Jewish beliefs, including Maimonides' 13 Principles of Faith, the importance of actions over beliefs, and the importance of relationships in Judaism.
- The Nature of G-d
- Discusses fundamental Jewish beliefs about the nature of G-d and His relationship with the universe and with humanity.
- Human Nature
- Discusses the Jewish understanding of human nature, what it means to be created in the image of G-d, free will, and the good and evil in all of us.
- Mashiach: The Messiah
- Traditional Jewish concept of the messiah (mashiach): what he will be like, what he will do, what the messianic age will be like, and why Jews do not believe Jesus was the messiah.
- Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism
- A discussion of Jewish mysticism and the mystical school of thought known as Kabbalah. Provides a sample of kabbalistic thought and suggestions for further reading.